Transport & Operations Supervisor
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Business Management and Administration , Category: Transportation & Logist
Deadline of this Job:
Wednesday, January 31 2024
Within Zambia , Livingstone, South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, January 18 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Similar Jobs in Zambia
Learn more about RAFAMA Ltd
The TOS will provide direction and leadership in Human Capital Management, Operational Management, Records Management, Budget Management, Revenue Management, Marketing and Sales, Station Management, Safety and Security Management, Performance Management, basic Accounting and Finance Management and Purchasing and Supply Management. He/she will be responsible for daily office/station administration and operational tasks, accounting for fuel and vehicle maintenance/other expenses, planning for the servicing and maintenance/repairs of the vehicles and accounting for the revenues
- a) Formulates station operational plans
- b) Undertakes administration tasks such as photocopying, scanning and filing of documents as assigned by management.
- c) Undertakes weekly inspection of the physical condition and status of the vehicles and submit report to management.
- d) Keeps accounting records of all receipts for fuel, maintenance and other operating expenditure for each vehicle.
- e) Prepares monthly vehicle servicing and maintenance plans with associated costs and submit report to management
- f) Keeps track of the validity of insurance, road tax and certificate of fitness for each vehicle
- g) Ensures availability of all required documents such as vehicle insurance, vehicle registration book, road taxes and certificate of fitness.
- h) Keeps record of station, transit and goods revenue for each vehicle per trip
- i) Prepares weekly and monthly reports on the Profit and Loss Accounts (operational Revenues and Expenditures) for each vehicle.
- j) Follow up with management on vehicle licensing, registrations and permits for RAFAMA vehicles under his mandate.
- k) Undertakes marketing of company services and products on radios, televisions and other social media platforms. This also includes holding marketing visitations and meetings in schools, colleges, churches, sporting clubs and other customer segments to market the company products and services.
- l) Manages and supervises drivers, conductors and other station support staff including conducting performance appraisal, human capital development plans and succession plans
- m) Participates in the formulation of pricing models for company services and products
- n) Prepares quarterly spare parts inventory in consultation with mechanical experts
- o) Purchases spare parts and other logistics needed for repairs and maintenance of vehicles
- P) prepares and recommends annual budgets to management and tracks implementation on weekly and monthly basis
- q) Set, implement and track operational KPIs for staff under his mandate making sure KPIS are met and exceeded
- r) Identify operational gaps and opportunities and implement best practices to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- s) create and foster a business environment that promotes integrity, accountability, collaboration, hard work, a winning attitude and employee career growth.
Qualifications & Skills:
- a) Full grade twelve certificate
- b) Diploma in Automotive Mechanics OR Diploma/ Degree in Transport and Logistics, Marketing and or Business Administration from a reputable college/University
- c) A valid driving licence and certificate in defensive driving will be an added advantage
- d) Ability to lead, coach and train staff
- e) Minimum of five years track record work experience in a reputable transport company
- f) Good oral and written communication skills
- g) excellent computer skills
- h) High ethical standards and professionalism
- i) Good knowledge of road traffic and safety regulations and requirements
- j) Flexible, honest and trustworthy
- k) Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- l) Performance and results oriented
- m) Self-motivated, hard worker with exceptional organisation and analytical skills
- n) Ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
Experience & Age:
- a) Minimum of 5years proven working experience in a reputable transport company
- b) Must be between 25years and 35 years
- c) Must have worked or working in a supervisory/managerial role in a reputable transport company
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org