First Quantum Minerals
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Business Management and Administration , Category: Management ]
First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, January 26 2024
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, January 19 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Similar Jobs in Zambia
Learn more about First Quantum Minerals
First Quantum Minerals jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose
- Continuously improve equipment reliability and maintenance strategy by ensuring that they are effectively scheduled and maintained including all preventative maintenance and condition monitoring routines
- Ensure major outages and component replacements are planned efficiently ensuring minimal downtime and expense incurred.
- Data driven business improvement and optimisation of the Operational Support Department
Specific Job Responsibility
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- Planning work orders based on wear rates
- Root cause analysis of excessive wear rates and premature failures
- Provide proactive support to the Mining & Process Plant internal customers.
- Ensuring allocated resources for the required tasks are planned and effectiveness is maintained. Enhance equipment availability by recording of inspections and projecting component and wear parts life span.
- Attention to a planned maintenance philosophy.
- Support problem solving through the application of cost reduction and availability improvement.
- An in depth understanding of the mining business, and key cost and business drivers
- Provide leadership and mentoring for your subordinates, including on-going training and development, performance management.
- Work closely with workshop staff and contribute to preventative maintenance and continuous improvements going forward
- Forecasting work orders
- Managing of long term forecasts and ensure they are updated in a timely manner.
- Monitoring of the operating and capital budgets and forecasting of spend
- Provide advice and support to all Planners in the department as well as cross functional to relevant departments
- Ensure a technical implementation of maintenance planning procedures.
- Data cleanse PRONTO data to ensure accurate forecasting of component change outs.
- Ensure all Labour (internal and external), recognized change out tooling, cranes, components and parts requirements to complete the planned change outs are procured within the allowable lead times given by the OEM’s for delivery to site.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor
Job Specific Competencies
- Relevant tertiary qualification or recognized trade qualification in a mobile maintenance related field. A qualification in Project Management or Mechanical Engineering is desirable
- Strong understanding of technical, production and maintenance strategies for a mining and processing operation;
- A minimum of 5-10 years` experience in a technical environment
- Strong focus on continuous improvement
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and good skills with ability to delegate and share tasks
- Good understanding of Mining safety and maintenance procedures and processes
- Experience with work permit systems and safe work procedures to control maintenance activities and manage hazards associated with mining industry.
- Experience in condition monitoring techniques
- Ability to compile condition reports on MS Office.
- Ability to navigate Pronto and Cognos reports
- An understanding of the cost to company of unavailable parts
Key Job Attributes
- Able to handle work with a great sense of professionalism
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Well oriented person
- Maintain a professional approach to duties and responsibilities with the capability of making timely, rational decisions and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Act with honesty and integrity in all areas: maintain confidentiality in dealings with subordinates, clients and customers.
- Demonstrate accuracy, time management and organizational skills.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and subordinates.
- Commitment to reach or exceed maintenance, operational and safety goals.
- Work effectively in a team environment, supporting other team members when needed.
- Sound planning, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse third world cultures and customs an advantage.
Experience required to perform in this job
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a maintenance/planning and reporting role.
- At least 3 years in a senior supervisory role.
- Experience in mining or other heavy duty industry.
- G12 Certificate
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Trade qualification in a mobile maintenance related field will be an added advantage
- 5-10 years’ experience in maintenance/planning and reporting of which 3 years is at senior level.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com