The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
Research Analyst x3
The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (“the Commission”) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. The Commission was established under the Competition and Consumer Protection Act, No. 24 of 2010 of the Laws of Zambia.
Its mission statement is to safeguard and promote a competitive business environment and enhance consumer welfare by prohibiting anti-competitive and unfair trading practices in Zambia.
In order to align its operations to good governance practices, the Commission wishes to recruit for the following posts:
position: research analyst – lusaka (3 positions)
directorate: executive director’s office
reports to: chief analyst
job grade: ccpc/e
- Determine areas of research to increase knowledge in fields of competition and consumer protection.
- Develop research instruments, plan and perform data collection and surveys.
- Collect, record, analyse and interpret data and scenarios and draw inferences and conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Present research results and recommendations to the Board of Commissioners.
- Write reports, papers, and reviews and present in conferences and meetings.
- Design advocacy strategies and engagement plans with stakeholders.
- Develop education plans and create a series of education and advocacy tools on the Commissions functions and mandate.
- Establish and undertake monitoring and evaluation on the Commissions activities to determine the impact of actions initiated.
- Engage with local, regional, and international stakeholders to build and cultivate strategic partnerships to leverage advocacy opportunities.
- Identify sources of funding, prepare research proposals and submit funding applications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Full Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences or equivalent.
- Self-starter with demonstrable stable, sober, mature disposition.
- Skills: research, report writing, analytical, problem solving, presentation, communication, interpersonal and computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Team player, committed, motivated, pays attention to detail, confidentiality and initiative.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and professional ethic.
- Valid Driver’s License is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of their academic qualifications including three (3) traceable referees to:
The Director – Human Resource and Administration
Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
4th Floor, Main Post Office
P O Box 34919
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org