[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Business Management and Administration , Category: Management ]
Jobs at: Orbis International
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, February 23 2024
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
The Project Assistant will work closely with the Lusaka Project Officer to support the implementation of project activities including outreach, procurement, organising training and partner meetings and workshops on the Strengthening Eye Health Capacity and Care in Zambia project. The Project Assistant will be based in Lusaka and will travel to Orbis project locations in Lusaka, Copperbelt and Eastern Provinces.
Reporting & Working Relationships
The Project Assistant reports to the Project Officer, based in Lusaka and collaborates with the Zambia programmes, administration and finance staff. They also liaise with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to ensure implementation of data collection tools and effective reporting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support procurement of consumables and equipment for supported sites.
- Spearhead the distribution of consumables and equipment and update the inventory.
- Ensure supported facilities and donated equipment are well branded.
- Spearhead logistical arrangements for all trainings, workshops and meetings.
- Contribute to project reporting by supporting data collection and compilation, including stories and photos from facilities.
- Keep an up-to-date database of all training participants supported by the project.
- Participate in project coordination meetings, planning meetings and site events.
- Participate in regular visits to project sites to monitor project progress.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- University degree or higher Diploma in a relevant field of social science, development, Public Health.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience working in Project/Program management of international organizations or government agencies.
- Experience with project planning, budgets, monitoring and evaluation and partner engagement.
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health at different levels
- Experience working in eye care will be an added advantage
Skills & Abilities
- Skilled in, and committed to, community participation/interaction, field visits and presence in project areas
- Proven project management skills, including finance, logistics and procurement management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills with a customer-centered approach and the ability to maintain strong relationships with various stakeholders with different backgrounds.
- Excellent spoken and written English language competence is essential
- Strong writing skills are essential
- Excellent organizational & planning skills: ability to effectively multi-task and manage a broad spectrum of responsibilities with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly functional in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Flexible, pro-active, and open-minded work style: the ability to work productively both independently and in a team-based environment.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- Willingness to travel locally.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com