competition and consumer protection commission
The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (“the Commission”) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. The Commission was established under the Competition and Consumer Protection Act, No. 24 of 2010 of the Laws of Zambia.
Its mission statement is to safeguard and promote a competitive business environment and enhance consumer welfare by prohibiting anti-competitive and unfair trading practices in Zambia.
In order to align its operations to good governance practices, the Commission wishes to recruit for the following posts:
position: procurement assistant (1 position)
directorate: executive director’s department
reports to: procurement officer
job grade: ccpc/f
- Undertake effectively the acquisition of Goods, services and works in order to meet end user requirements.
- Undertakes effectively preparation of tender documentation in order to facilitate selection of appropriate suppliers of goods, services and works.
- Undertakes the preparation of the Annual Procurement plan in order to procure goods, services and works within the approved budget.
- Ensure that the Zambia Public Procurement Authority procedures are followed when procuring goods and services.
- Ensure accurate records/services in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate.
- Diploma in CIPS or its equivalent.
- Current Member to the Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply (ZIPS).
- Strong communication, analytical, decision making, time management, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Knowledgeable with the Zambia Public Procurement Authority Regulations.
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures.
- Team player, committed, motivated and pays attention to detail.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity and professional ethic.
- Valid Driver’s Licence an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of their academic qualifications including three (3) traceable referees to:
The Director – Human Resource and Administration
Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
4th Floor, Main Post Office
P O Box 34919
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org