AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Linkage Assistant Ndola Teaching Hospital – Ndola
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Healthcare ]
AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, February 19 2024
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
Similar Jobs in Zambia
Learn more about AIDS Healthcare Foundation
AIDS Healthcare Foundation jobs in Zambia
The successful candidates will be required to perform the following responsibilities:
- Reach out to HIV positive clients and encourage them to come into care and monitor their linkage in medical care.
- Contact the recipients of care through phone calls, home visits and work with community structures to reach newly diagnosed clients that have not been linked to care and treatment.
- Regularly update the linkage database as and when there is some information change.
- Work with the facility team to identify, follow up and support clients that miss clinic appointments and those that disengage from care.
- Follow up on clients that cannot be reached on phone.
- Identify and document the issues that create barriers that make it difficult for clients to access the services.
- Reach out to partners of the clients that recently tested positive and invite them to the clinic for counselling and testing.
- Assist with reporting requirements including document data for reportspreparing reports and submitting data to line managers.
- Ensure that more than 90% of newly tested positive are linked to care while and not less than 90% of all clients both new and old are retained to care.
Qualifications and Skills
- Full Grade 12 certificate with at least five credits in English and mathematics.
- Diploma in Psychosocial Counselling, Psychology, Social Work and or their equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must have experience in working with people living with HIV and or chronic illnesses.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills as well as uphold high levels of confidentiality.
- Computer literate.
- A certificate in HIV care and management will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
- Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and skills are required to submit their applications letters with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, academic and professional qualifications, full registration with relevant Professional Bodies where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 7th February 2024.
- Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked in the Email Subject line with the position being applied for as shown below.
- Application for Employment_ Data Entry Clerk_Liteta
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org