MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops strategies to teach course content for the entire term/semester including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
- Develops and provides to students, approved Northrise University syllabi and modules that follow a template established by the University, which includes terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares and regularly revises and updates all course materials.
- Incorporates higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills.
- Adheres to University policies regarding disciplinary problems, including plagiarism or cheating.
- Models exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Organizes and sequences topics in a logical progression and paces the delivery to meet the needs of the class.
- Utilizes educational technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
- Establishes positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom. Provides opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
- Treats students’ academic needs seriously by being accessible for academic consultation before or after class, via phone or e-mail.
- Creates an interactive classroom environment.
- Works with other staff and partners, and other stakeholders in the provision of conducive learning experiences for students in the classroom.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
College-level nursing teaching experience and several years’ nursing experience.
Master’s degree in Nursing or Nursing Education.
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org