Gas Pump Attendant
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Management ]
Jobs at: US Embassy
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, February 23 2024
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
- Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM – FP is XX. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
Only one Open-to category should remain:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type Details:
Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (40 number of hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (06 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Oversees the day-to-day issuance of gasoline and diesel fuel to 98 official vehicles the expenditures for over 100 personally owned vehicles (POV). Maintains all records associated with the issuance of fuel. Monitors the day-to-day operation of the Fuel Master Distribution System. Receives, stores, tests, and enters fuel data into the Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS). The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of the procedures outlined in 14 FAM 436 and 14 FAH-1. Position works in the Motor Pool section and reports directly to the Fleet Manager.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience working in the fuel distribution/handling field as well as driving heavy wheeled vehicle is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of fuel distribution systems. Knowledge of vehicle operation. Knowledge of local traffic laws and regulations.
Successful completion of Senior Secondary School is required. ‘O’ Level mathematics is required.
LANGUAGE: English (Good Working Knowledge).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES Good customer service skills. The ability to operate a Public Service vehicle (fuel tanker truck). Computer, data entry and numerical skills. A valid Zambian heavy wheeled vehicle license (Class C).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lusaka Zambia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org