Electoral Commission of Zambia
Director Information Communication And Technology
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Computer & IT ]
Electoral Commission of Zambia
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, February 09 2024, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Similar Jobs in Zambia
Electoral Commission of Zambia jobs in Zambia
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide strategic ICT advisory services to the Commission. The job holder will also be expected to oversee and direct all ICT strategies and operational initiatives and projects by enabling processes to enhance the attainment of the Commission’s strategic objectives. This will include planning, development, installation, maintenance and support of the Commission’s ICT processes, systems, services and infrastructure to meet the Commission’s strategic and operational requirements effectively and efficiently.
This is a Senior Management position reporting to the Chief Electoral Officer.
- Provide direction for the formulation of ICT strategy, policies, annual work plans and practices that will enable the Commission meet it’s strategic, operational and decision making requirements.
- Review business cases to deploy new infrastructure, systems and services or enhance existing ones.
- Provide ICT services and systems to meet the Commission’s strategic and operational objectives through innovations, development and/ or acquisition and customisation of core and support ICT applications and systems.
- Identify, assess, evaluate, mitigate, manages and monitor ICT risks in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Policy to ensure attainment of the Commission’s objectives.
- Oversee management of information security and security of the Commission’s ICT assets including: Data Centres, Register of Voters, databases, applications, servers and endpoints to ensure that the Commission meets its strategic objectives.
- Review recommendations for the purchase of equipment, software and services to ensure that all purchases are appropriate for the needs of the Commission.
- Liaise with Head Procurement for the contracting of vendors to provide ICT services, infrastructure as well as technical support for the installation and maintenance of ICT systems and infrastructure.
- Provide overall oversight of approved ICT projects and ensuring that activities are carried out within schedule, budget and specifications.
- Monitor performance of the Commission’s Electoral Information Management System (EIMS). Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Geographic Information System (GIS) to ensure that they meet the requirements o
- Supervision of subordinates to ensure that the development, installation and support services for the Commission’s information systems meet the Commission’s operational requirements effectively and economically.
- Monitors the operations of the department to ensure conformance to ICT policies, processes and procedures as well as acceptable service levels.
- Assess the training needs of staff in the department and liaises with the Human Resource and Administration Manager for their training and development to enhance their performance and career opportunities.
- Provide oversight over the preparation and implementation of ICT departmental budget.
- Create and maintain a high performance environment characterised by innovation, ethical performance and strong team orientation.
- Provide accurate routine or special reports as and when required by the Supervisor. 16. Keep abreast of developments in areas of speciality and adhere to the ethics code of the profession.
- Participate fully in performance and other organisation-wide management practices as required.
- Perform any other related duties that the supervisor may reasonably request from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Master of Science in Information Technology or Masters of Business Administration or Equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member the Information and Communications Technology of Zambia (ICTAZ) and in possession of a valid practicing license.
- Eight years relevant post qualification experience, three of which must be at senior management level.
- Experience in a quasi-government institution will be an added advantage. 6. Knowledge of ICT security and ethics.
- Knowledge of global trends in ICT practice.
- Knowledge of the Zambian ICT laws and regulations.
- Strong ICT skills.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES FOR THE POSITION
- Honest and reliable with moral strength.
- Innovative and proactive.f the Commission,
- High degree of attention to detail. 5. High degree of integrity.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Analytical, organizational and leadership skills.
- Report writing and general written and oral presentation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com