As part of the GIZ Agriculture and Food Security Cluster (“Agri-Food Cluster”), you will make a qualitative and sustainable contribution to the transformation of agriculture and food systems in Zambia. More than half of Zambia’s population lives from agriculture, and malnutrition is a key problem. The cluster consists of projects in the area of agriculture and food and nutrition security. The advertised position will develop, guide and is responsible for the media work at Agri-Food Cluster level.
In this context, the Agriculture and Food Security Cluster is seeking a suitable candidate for the following position:
Communication Specialist – (Based in Lusaka)
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare communication strategy at aggregated (Cluster) level and define relevant communication channels
- Create cross-media content for digital channels: social media, websites, internal communication. Create content for analog channels on demand
- Enhance cluster and project visibility, monitor and evaluate GIZ Cluster social media activities and online reputation
- Facilitate knowledge management of cluster projects, provide space to ensure access to knowledge products beyond individual project terms
- Manage all service contracts related to communication
- Manage interfaces with all communication focal persons in the Cluster
- Develop and implement an editorial plan for social media on time, edit or update of website or social media contents
- Organize hybrid and analogue events, online events, streams
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or a related discipline,
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 year’s professional experience in the field of communications or a related field
- Strong experience in developing and implementing communication strategies, including content development
- Proven editorial experience, ideally also for (internal) social media or online formats
- Experience in managing external service providers
- Strong conceptual, strategic, organizational and creative mindset
Other knowledge, additional competences:
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with different topics and to present complex issues in an understandable manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills as well as prioritisation capabilities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently and pro-actively in a results-oriented manner
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (MS Office, Adobe, etc.)
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
The successful candidate will be expected to start employment with GIZ, on a fixed term contract.
Application deadline: 21.01.2024
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system . Applications should meet the following criteria:
- Cover letter quoting the reference: GIZ_AGR_COMS must be uploaded using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience in the position.
- CVs must be submitted in PDF not exceeding three (3) pages. Do not indicate your marital status, religion, political affiliation or insert your photo.
- Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
- Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, social background or age.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability. People with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.giz-jobs.com.