AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Clinical Officer Thomson District Hospital – Luanshya
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Healthcare ]
AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
Monday, February 19 2024
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
Similar Jobs in Zambia
Learn more about AIDS Healthcare Foundation
AIDS Healthcare Foundation jobs in Zambia
The successful candidates will be required to perform the following responsibilities:
- Provides clinical care to both pediatric and adult clients.
- Ensures compliance with productivity standard by coordinating patient scheduling.
- Examines diagnoses and treats diseases of infants, children, and adults.
- Determines need for patient examinations and laboratory investigations and be able to interpret findings and test results.
- Advises patients’ concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Assists counselors with disclosure of HIV status to pediatric clients.
- Refers patients to medical specialists or other practitioners for specialized treatment.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and clinical records of infants, children, and adults.
- Authorizes refills for medications.
- Completes patient diagnosis forms.
- Attending some of clinic case conferences to discuss difficult patients.
- Works with the clinic team to accommodate urgent care/walk-in patients.
- Schedules vacation or conference leave time at least one month in advance.
- Works with the responsible staff to ensure all reports needed from the sites are processed and sent to AHF Zambia office in a timely manner.
- Works with the clinic in-charge to ensure all supplies required for the smooth running of the clinic are always available.
- Participate in AHF meetings/committees such as medical staff meetings, general staff meetings and CME activities.
Qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in Clinical Medical Sciences.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in HIV care and treatment.
- Must be trained in pediatrics and adults HIV Management.
- Must have a sound knowledge in the basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems.
- Knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The following requirements and certifications are a must:
- Registered with the Health Professionals Council of Zambia.
- A Valid practicing License.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
- Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and skills are required to submit their applications letters with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, academic and professional qualifications, full registration with relevant Professional Bodies where applicable to the address below by Wednesday, 7th February 2024.
- Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked in the Email Subject line with the position being applied for as shown below.
- Application for Employment_ Data Entry Clerk_Liteta
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com