Business Development Officer
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Business Management and Administration , Category: Management ]
Jobs at: Syngenta
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, February 20 2024
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
Syngenta jobs in Zambia
- To sell and promote Syngenta Vegetables Seeds to all assigned existing customer portfolios and prospective accounts in Zambia.
- Support Technical Sales Representatives with customer and technical support
- Identification and creation of new customers in the assigned area.
- Tender application.
- Coordinate and support with marketing across the country.
- To sell and promote Syngenta Vegs Seeds to all assigned existing customer portfolios and prospective accounts like Young Plant Raisers.
- Directly manage identified key Agro distributors, take orders and coordinate deliveries and payments.
- Create demand by running demo trials and participate on field days/expositions, execute campaign plans agreed with Marketing Operation Lead.
- Share demand plan/forecast with Operations team on a monthly basis.
- Run a certain amount of screening trials in EZ capture to support future New Product Introductions and provide feedback to Product Development Specialists.
- Support the promoters and merchandisers in their daily activities.
- Provide sales training to Agro dealers, Stockists and Agents.
- Ensure all customers are handled and serviced within accepted Syngenta policy and standards with the use of Salesforce.com
- Provide timely monthly sales report to Africa South Vegs Operations manager and join monthly S&OP meetings
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- BSC Degree in Agriculture, A master’s in business/ marketing/ agriculture will be an added advantage
- 5 years plus experience in sales (experience in Agro industry will be an added bonus)
Critical technical, professional, and personal capabilities
- Strong Communication, Interpersonal & Influencing Skills
- Concern for standards
- Fluency in written and spoken Portuguese and English
- Strong technical and sales experience
- Forecasting and planning
Critical leadership capabilities
- Strategic view
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Build understanding of Vegetable Sales objectives, focus and priorities within the organization ensuring in time and qualitative delivery of strategy
- Manage priorities
- Working in matrix organization
- Build strong relationship with farmers and Territory teams
- Gain stakeholder support
- Facilitate the transition, anticipate blockage and profit from opportunities
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com