First Quantum Minerals
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Consulting , Category: Science & Engineering ]
Jobs at: First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, February 23 2024
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
- Carry out Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities on all Hot Metals (ISA, MSEF, WHB, ESP) Smelting equipment
- Carry out Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities on WHB in compliance with legal requirements.
- To install and maintain plant equipment including chutes and pipes and cooling water circuits for • Tapping Launders, Tapping Blocks and Electrode Columns according to drawings.
- Carry out steel fabrication / repair works, ensure the proper care and maintenance of allocated cutting,
- welding equipment and tools under the general guidance of the section’s supervisor/s
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and
legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Carry out Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities on all Hot Metals (ISA, MSEF, WHB, ESP) Smelting equipment. The Maintenance Boiler-making and Metal Fabrication activities will include but not be limited to:
- Maintaining Vibrating feeders, Bins, Feed and Discharge Chutes.
- Maintaining WHB boiler Piping/Valves and Rapping Systems.
- Maintaining hot metal Tapping and Plugging Machines
- Maintaining MSEF Electrode Columns including electrode Paste Casing Additions.
- Identifying and implementing Improvements in the Smelter Plant.
- Maintaining Belt and Drag Chain Conveyors.
- Maintaining molten metal launders and tap blocks with their associated cooling water piping networks
- General Fabrication of Chutes, Liners, Piping Systems, and Plate work development and assembly.
- Identifying of equipment defects, troubleshooting and rectification of identified defects.
- Minimum of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Craft Certificate or equivalent in Boilermaking/Metal Fabrication
- Currently or Previously Certified in Tig and Mig Welding by Alfred H Knight
- EIZ Certification
- Minimum 7 Years’ experience in the maintenance of Smelting Plant Equipment or similar.
- Knowledge of procedures for routine equipment inspection and maintenance
- Knowledge on the Water Cooling Systems circuitry of the Waste Heat Boiler, Furnace Launders and Tapping Blocks
- Knowledge of the safety requirements when working on Waste Heat Boiler Piping/Valves/Cooling
- Panels, Furnace Tapping and Plugging Equipment, Furnace Launders and Furnace Cooling Water Circuits
- Knowledge on the associated equipment upstream and downstream of the primary smelting furnaces
- Plate work and Pipe work pattern development and fabrication
- Reading and Understanding of issued for construction (IFC) basic Fabrication drawings including preparation of a material schedule.
- Strong drive and personal sense of ownership and accountability
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Good Technical Skills
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
- Good Hand-on experience
- Dynamic, Driven, Smart
- Able to read, write and communicate in English with PC Literacy
- Physically fit and able to work in a hot metal environment
- Hard working and self-driven
- Exposure to dust, heat, and noise
- Team player
- Demonstrate quality workmanship consistently
- Ability to complete work on schedule
- Disciplined and respectful towards others
- Prepared to work long hours when necessary- Overtime, standby and call out work may be required.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, enthusiastic production orientated environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org