Beit Cure Children's Hospital
2 Theatre Nurse
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Healthcare ]
Beit Cure Children’s Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
Thursday, February 01 2024
Within Zambia , Lusaka, South – Central Africa
Learn more about Beit Cure Children’s Hospital
All co-workers of CURE are expected to support and embody the following Core Values:
- Christ-like Compassion – “Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.” — Matthew 25:40
We depend on God alone who is the source of changed lives and transformed communities.
- Faithfulness in Prayer – “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will
for you in Christ Jesus.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
We love serving children and helping them live life to its fullest.
- Joy in Service – “Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.” — Psalm 100:2
We do the right thing and keep our promises.
- Integrity Always – “For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in
the eyes of man.” — 2 Corinthians 8:21
We humbly collaborate with our patients, partners, and colleagues for multiplied impact.
- Intentional Relationships – “And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds” — Hebrews 10:24
We strive to deliver the highest standard of care and professionalism in our work
- Commitment to Excellence – “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for
human masters” — Colossians 3:23
This position requires the co-worker to be in agreement with the declarations of the Statement of Faith.
The post holder will work as part of a team to provide a safe, cost effective, efficient care environment for patients, relatives and careers. The nurse will be expected to function clinically within the Operating Department and other associated areas as required such as the ward/OPD/Pharmacy. They will participate in the training of junior staff and continue their own personal and professional development by rotating within the theatre department.
- Maintains the privacy and dignity of all patients whilst adhering to Beit Cure hospital policies, procedures and reporting any difficulties with these duties to senior staff.
- Maintains a safe environment when caring for patients’ pre, intra and post operatively including those requiring frequent levels of monitoring.
- Monitors all patient care and treatment, maintaining high standards and quality care at all times within the department.
- Able to prioritize patient care, recognize deterioration in a patient’s condition and alert senior staff immediately.
- Maintains accurate and legible written records of care as required and accurately completes the nurse surgical form and surgical check list.
- Uses effective communication, written and verbal with all levels of staff including the multidisciplinary team, patients and relatives, taking into account impairments, levels of consciousness and language barriers.
- Ordering required chemicals, surgical supplies and restocking stationery in the absence of the theatre in-charge.
- Fosters good relationships with other departments, the multidisciplinary team, surgical visiting teams and any other visitors to the operating department.
- Participates in the health education and explanation of treatment to patients and relatives.
- Adheres to the hospital dress code policy in theatre.
- Responsible as a trained heath care professional for the control and administration of drugs within the regulations outlined by the Health Professional Council of Zambia (HPCZ) and Zambia Regulation Board Agency (ZAMRA) required by the department.
Theatre nursing activities:
- Ensures a clean and dust free environment by leading in damp dusting activities using recommended disinfectants.
- Co- ordinates with the ward on issues concerning patients
- Receives patients from the Ward and ensures all the required information is available
- Prepares instrument sets to be ready in advance of all operations
decontaminates and supervises thorough cleaning of all used instruments.
- Replenishes, packs and autoclaves surgical sets
- Scrubs for surgical operations
- Ensures aseptic techniques are followed during all operations
- Works as a circulating nurse during operations
- Documents all the necessary information in the patients’ file as stipulated on the patients’ forms
- Works on the recovery area to recover immediate post-operative patients
- Hands over patients to the ward giving all the necessary information
Continuous Professional Development:
- Assists in the updating of Professional practice/procedures in line with current evidence-based research.
- Contributes to the learning environment conducive for theater nurses and other healthcare staff.
- Assists in the implementation of Cure International policies and procedures as outlined in the policy document.
- Maintains own personal profile and ensures that they meet the requirements for license renewal by the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Zambia (NMCZ).
- Education and Training by attending all mandatory training and ensuring that renewals are booked in a timely manner as agreed by the Theatre manager such as Fire training.
- Successfully complete key learning courses from the Online Educational Portal as mandated by the program managers/matron.
- Initiate own professional development within agreed parameters and be involved in any aspects of training that is important for the whole surgical team such as infection control.
Education/Work Experience Requirements
- Full grade twelve (12) certificate.
- Diploma in Registered Nursing
- Theatre Nursing Qualification a Must
- Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in theatre.
- Should be a committed Christian
- Must possess strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Ability to effectively teach medical techniques & skills to other medical personnel
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with good listening skills
- Have a strong sense of personal and team accountability
- Able to multitask, fluent in English and two local languages
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Interested candidates should send their CVs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com